Helping People Through Difficult Times

Family Law And Criminal Defense Attorney

Resolving Complex Child Support Matters

Some of the most highly argued family law issues involve money. It is understandable, as cases that involve child support payments can have a drastic impact on your life and children.

Do you have questions about child support and spousal maintenance? At the Arnold Law Office, I will give you honest answers. Do you have concerns about how payments may affect your life? As an experienced family law lawyer, I will always offer realistic assessments. Contact me, Richmond attorney Jeffrey Arnold, today by calling 866-958-5995 to schedule your consultation.

Child Support Issues

In Indiana, the amount of child support that is to be paid is determined by a formula included in a state statute. This means that there are set items that are included in the calculations and the amount is rarely deviated from. Included are figures such as the income of each parent, the number of children, and other costs such as health insurance and child care. These child support guidelines are often reviewed and sometimes updated. I stay on top of any changes to the laws, communicating how these changes will affect my clients and their cases.

Other Support Matters

Unlike other states, Indiana law does not provide for alimony or spousal support, which would be the amount of money that is paid to one spouse by the other throughout the course of and after a divorce. The law expects that both parties will work and take care of themselves when the marriage ends. If one party cannot work, spousal maintenance may be ordered. However, these are very specific situations that are few and far between. I can answer any questions or concerns you may have about maintenance or how our state approaches support.

High-Tech Methods, High-Profile Trial Victories

You can contact me today to schedule your initial consultation. I am glad to show you how my many successes for others can translate to success for you and your Indiana family. Call my office toll free at 866-958-5995.